Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Fuck a January 31st

A symbolic day made for bloggers I guess, with news of Sam Alito's appointment trumping that of Coretta Scott King's death at all the major outlets. I'm not even saying that such a despicable man's honorable achievement should be knocked down in the news order by the death of the widow of the most important sculptor and martyr of our world today (and an activist in her own right). But it is rather...creepy? ominous? fitting? horrible? that today is full of smiles and "high-fives" for conservative, wealthy, white herbs like Sammy, Georgy, Clarence (he is white, Tom Brokaw is blacker), kids that went to Nichols and their bitch ass parents, while the African-American community is grieving its greatest loss in a few decades. But not to worry, the not-too-distant future should be full of many more great losses for this community to spread its woe amongst. I'm really not to thrilled with the world that it looks like I'm going to be coming of age in.

Coretta Scott King, 78, Widow of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Dies

Rude Pundit

Media Matters- King Misrepresented as "Conservative"


And all this after recent times have dealt us a nasty hand in the cultural world too...

Gritty Soul Men: Remembering Lou Rawls and Wilson Pickett

MPFrees! when I get home from the suburbs later tonite.

Peace. Be easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home